Monday, June 8, 2015

About me!

Hey there! My name is Miss Claverie and I am super excited that you are going to be in my class this year. I wanted to welcome you to our classroom blog and take some time to introduce myself. I was born in Campbell, CA and I moved to Eagle, ID when I was 3 years old. My dad's name is Jeff, my mom's name is Karen, and I have one sister whose name is Nichole. I went to Boise State University for my Bachelors in Elementary Education and I am big Bronco Fan! I hope some of you are too. This is going to be my fourth year of teaching fifth grade and it is one of the best things in my life. I just finished my Masters at Northwest Nazarene University in Curriculum and Instruction. I absolutely love school and learning new things, and I am excited to share that with you this year. Start dreaming about where you want to go to college; we are going to talk about college a lot this year!

In my free time I love to run, read, and bake! I have run about a dozen races and the furthest distance I have completed is a half-marathon, which is 13.1 miles. I have run four half-marathons and loved almost all of them.I also love to play softball and will play in a pick-up game whenever I can. I think, one of the best things about life is reading a great book! Over this summer I read whenever I could. Also, I do enjoy making some sweet treats in the kitchen! I spent some time living in Cambodia after I graduated from BSU and I taught a lot of my teammates how to bake. A nickname that my family has coined for me is, Bake Boss. Maybe sometime this year I can bring a treat in for the class.


My three big likes are: Diet Dr. Pepper, Coffee and 5th graders!
I love being a teacher and I am so glad that you are here and in my class this year. I believe that all students can learn and be responsible citizens. I will expect a lot out of you during your fifth grade year, but I will be with you each step of the way. There are so many fun, interesting topics we get to study in the fifth grade, so I know you will enjoy the year. By the end of the year, it is my hope that I can send you off to middle school ready to be a successful student and a responsible member of our community.


No comments:

Post a Comment