Wednesday, June 17, 2015

YouTube Playlist

Video playlists are simple to create and can be a powerful tool in the classroom. To create a YouTube video playlist you first need to create a YouTube account, and then you can just start searching for videos! When you find a video that you like you, click the plus symbol and add it to the playlist of your choice. A youtube playlist can be used in many different ways within the classroom. As a teacher I can create a playlist that previews a subject, aids in homework help, or gives information to parents. I could ask students to research a topic then create a playlist presentation to share with the class. Also, by embedding this link into my blog, my students do not actually have to access YouTube to watch the playlist: they can just watch from this page.

The video playlist that I have created is to coincide with my World Geography unit. I have placed four videos into this playlist, and each video is intended to be used for a unique purpose. The first video is to serve as an introduction for my students to the playlist. The second video gives facts about each continent and their locations. During this video I have asked students to try to find the continent that has the highest population. The third video is a song that is meant to help the students learn the locations and names of the continents and oceans. I let the students know, that whoever has the song memorized the best can lead the class in the song the following day. The final video serves as a practice video. It has a map and the speaker will ask a location of a continent, then it gives about 8 seconds for the student to answer. I have asked the students to use this to practice finding the continents as many times as possible, because by the end of the unit students will need to be able to fill out a blank world map.

No comments:

Post a Comment